Thursday, October 27, 2005

i will not sing songs...

so, yeah, i just had an epiphane, namely i prefer to sing songs that focus on who God is, on how great or how beautiful he is. The song, hungry, was played at church a while back and i had to ask myself - am i hungry? am i really thirsting after God and his word? you know, sometimes i am, sometimes i'm not. so i'd rather not sing songs about me and how i feel from moment to moment - my feelings/desires come and go, but let me sing about God and his unchanging, ever-faithful love. let me sing about his sacrifice and forgiveness. let me sing about the cost of following him and how i'm prone to wander and prone to forget and how he is greater still.

3 comments:

Angelic said...

when you're heavy
i will not speak words to make it clear
i will stay with you and all that you carry
i would trade my love

Unknown said...

she's so brilliant, eh?

Free and Living said...

amen sista. amen.