Thursday, June 04, 2009

"LISTEN to THAT."

A quick word on the Howells:::  Ian and Camille were the first two Eagle Lakers i met when i arrived on the mountain for the first time back in '04.  They were so welcoming and kind.  They were dating at the time.  We later got to live together at Glen Eyrie Conference Center in Colorado Springs - we shared many good and hard times - i got to sing in their wedding - which attests more to their kindness than to my performance abilities.  They are some of the most inspiring and full-of-love people i know for sure.  

Camille works in Communication & Development for a DPS charter school - and i just love talking about social justice / community development through education with her -- i so enjoyed talking about educational systems, reforms and ideas.  And i got so excited about this particular topic -- and i told her that and this is what she said:::
 "LISTEN to THAT."  


I love that advice::  "LISTEN to THAT."  Whatever it is that gets you so excited, that topic about which you could read a dozen books or have a dozen conversations and enjoy every minute of it.  THAT is obviously a passion and maybe a gift or a strength - so listen to it.    So thanks, Camille, I love that advice and I will listen to THAT - I'll listen to this call towards education, towards children.  I won't forget the importance and beauty of teaching and learning.  What I'm saying is::: I WANT TO BE A TEACHER someday.  I think education is so vital and beautiful and I want to be a part of it.  


2 comments:

camille said...

Go for it, Molls. You will be a phenomenal teacher.

christi k said...

The beauty of your heart makes me smile. I'm grateful to have you in my life, and I hope something in me makes you as free as I feel when I see your smile. Glad we're friends.