Thursday, October 08, 2009

Bittersweet pretty much just means Bitter

This was the same title I used on my first ever Blog Entry. I wrote it as i was moving from Germany and saying good-bye to all the friends and the life I had made. Everyone would ask me then, "Are you excited to return home to America?" And I would think - "excited? of course not - saying goodbye is so hard to do."

And it's the same thing this time. People have asked, "ARe you excited for Guatemala and even Europe??" And i think, "of course not - saying goodbye is so hard to do."

But like my friend, Kate, had said as soon as we actually DID the thing I feared the most (leaving friends and a comfortable life) and after we actually loaded up the car and drove out of Denver - it did get easier and I was able to crack a bit of a smile thinking about what lies ahead for us.

I miss everyone reading this for sure! Much love to you all!



4 comments:

sam said...

bonne journee molly! i hope you will still be able to post in guatemala.

kate said...

Molls,

First of all, I MISS YOU! Second of all, WE ALL MISS YOU! Third, house church was good last night, but very strange without you two there.

I am glad that you were able to feel some excitement for what lies ahead after all the goodbyes. I hope to have the same experience. I am almost dreading OUR move now + I wish for that excitement to bite me hard.

So, you will be thrilled to know that I am studying GERMAN~!! I went to the Castle Rock library + checked out the basic german cds through pimsleur! it's definitely strange + unfamiliar, but i am learning phrases + it is fun!

i love you baby doll. hugs from me to you.

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you and Matt for making this leap! I have no doubt you won't regret it. I can't wait to hear of your adventures to come.

I DO miss you though!

~jess

Anonymous said...

I miss you Molls, the best sister everrrrrrr! I remember your original post. I know it must sad to leave, but I think you have great things in front of you too! I totally remember the original blog post you were referring too.

James