Friday, August 07, 2009

A + B + C

A::: THE PRESENT::: Wow, I can't believe it's already the weekend again! Time has been flying by so fast and I don't like it like that. I like to take things slow. I love my job and my boss and the kids and families I work with. I love my House Church and my community of friends. I love living on Washington St. I love hanging out with my husband aka, best friend in our "yellow room" and I love working in our garden with friends. In lots of ways I want to FREEZE time, I don't want things to change. I'm so full to overflowing right now! but alas


B::: The COLORADO TRAIL::: Matt is leaving to hike the Colorado Trail on Sunday, August 16th. It is a 500 mile hike from Durango, Colorado to Denver over many mountain passes and Wildernesses and glorious landscapes. I am very EXCITED for him. He has wanted to do this for a long time and the timing is perfect right now. It should take him about 7 weeks, which is faster than most people do it - but he is MATT ORR, the fastest hiker I know for sure.


C::: The SAN LUCAS MISSION, GUATEMALA:::
Many of those who know us have known that my contract with Open Door Ministries expires at the end of September. And we have known for a while that when it ends we want to go ___________. (somewhere foreign, amongst the poor, mission minded, preferably Spanish-speaking.) We finally feel peace and clarity about our decision. It has certainly been a long journey of figuring out where we should go! ((So, thank you to those of you who listened to me externally verbalize the plethora of possibilities these past 6 months!)) We are planning on being "Long Term Volunteers" at SAN LUCAS MISSION, on Lake Aititlan in Guatemala for about 6 months.


~~~More to come on:::

~ the Here & Now
~ the COLORADO TRAIL
~ the SAN LUCAS MISSION, GUATEMALA

3 comments:

James Asberry said...

wow, cool, I want to hear more about the Guatemala move.

Free and Living said...

mols, you have the most amazing heart for god and others, and i'm blessed to know you. seriously, you encourage me. please let me know if you need any prayer help or financial help or both for your upcoming abba-ordained adventure to guatemala and her people. also, i know how hard it is to be away from your best friend/hubby that long! i just experienced it this summer, but thankful you have abba and it sounds like an amazing community to support you while you spend your time apart. you can do it! call me if you ever need someone to talk to who understands your situation first hand. love you friend! again, honored to know and love you, mishy

p.s. happy birthday 20 days in advance!!!

Unknown said...

Mishy-wiggles,

thanks so much for your encouraging words! i will plan on calling you just to hear your voice and sweet, contagious laugh again. =)