Thursday, August 06, 2009

WALK, a poem

((this is my favorite poem - i ran across it years ago, author unknown))


One summer afternoon i met with you

And we walked all day for months and months
Eating apples and mangoes
'Till our chins dripped with juice

A perpetual picnic of magic and lust
We walked from Canada to Sri Lanka
Through yellow, rouge and blanca.

Hitting the blackest of waters at the end of the day
I closed my eyes and you swam away.

Sometimes when i see you now,
You pick me up and spin me 'round
And put me back where you found me,
Disoriented and dizzy.

One afternoon i met with you
And we walked all day for years and years
Eating apples and excuses
'Till our faces dripped with tears.

~~~~~~~

---- i like how it invokes all of the senses and seasons and different parts of the world. I love the smell and the sticky visuals of juice dripping down the face. It's about relationship and longing and walking and sucking the juice out of LIFE! ---

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks, friend.

Anonymous said...

My name is Heidi Hildeman, and this is my poem. I have more poetry on Adelblog.

Anonymous said...

That's heidibloom.blogspot.com