Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Retreat into Nature

To ensure that we did indeed make it outside into nature this summer (as it is quickly passing us by) Matt and I went to explore a new (as of 1993) wilderness area within a quick drive to Denver. We hiked a 12 mile loop in the Buffalo Peaks Wilderness. I am currently studying Assessments in Education, and I would say according to this most recent backpacking-assessment my endurance has certainly increased against all odds. My data: I did not even need to stop and rest much at all, and I could have kept on hiking the full loop, except that we wanted to camp out in the wilderness rather than back at the car. So, we did 8 miles the first day and 4 the next morning. It felt great on many levels and I'm thankful for the retreat.


this is, you know, one of those photos where you capture somebody jumping in the air, or at least you get the idea.


one of many river crossings

the lovely valley



These are a few of my favorite things: reading a book, sitting by a campfire, simple living.


and drinking coffee from a camping-pot, ahh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun to be free and enjoy what you love!!! Thank you for the look into your life. You look so relaxed and happy. Blessings Dj