Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy 3rd Anniversary to Us!

Matt and I celebrated our third anniversary in a cute cabin in the woods in Estes Park, the town in which we were married. It was perfectly charming with wild life all around, a cozy fire place inside and a community hot tub, which we were happy to patronize. We went cross-country skiing for the first time since pre-Guatemala and it was wonderful!! I love it so much!!

This is a small lake near Sprague Lake in Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park. It was the perfect trail for gliding and getting into the rythm.

We stopped at the Warming House about a mile in for hot chocolate and mountain conversation with the host, a member of the Colorado Mtn. Society, which I think Matt and I should join so we could stay in one of these remote cabins for the weekend and host snow-shoers and skiers.

Here is an action shot of me cross-country skiing.
I'm amazed I'm not a blur, I was going so fast!

Here is the original Estes-Elk-butt-honeymoon-picture


And here we are three years later we are still attracted to a: each other and b: winter cabins in Estes with snowy landscapes sprinkled with wildlife and wonders.


Our three day third anniversary cabin, ahhh.

3 comments:

emily said...

oooh! how lovely. it looks like you guys had such a nice time. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful couple ( You and Matthew ) not the Elk !!!
Blessing to you both and 3 x's 30 more years!!
Love Dj

Unknown said...

Thanks Emily and DJ!