Tuesday, January 04, 2011

? Tuscany or Texas ?

Matt and I got to spend 5 days hanging out at my brother's house in the Texas Hill Country, West of Austin. We were delighted to discover 3 lovely wineries within twenty minutes of his house!

~~~
???Which is Texas, which is Tuscany???
???

The answer::: the top is Tuscany (Nov. '09), the bottom is Texas (Dec. '10). I was blown away by the old world Italian charm of this particular vineyard, the Duchman Family Winery. I mean the facilities, the landscape and the vineyard were stunning.



Not that I like drinking in the middle of the day, but there's something about everything Italian, in particular, everything to do with wine, with vineyards and grapes and rolling hills, with subtle flavors and smoky, white cheese and earthy, bright colors that makes me go weak in the knees. I think I'd like to live in Italy someday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovly couple!! I wish to visit Italy someday!
Blessign Dj

Anonymous said...

We would love to live there too!! We could all live/work on a farm/vineyard together!!! How fun!!
CKC actually hooked me by asking me to move with him to Naples- way back when!! Too funny!!
Well, happy belated anniversary you two!!!!

Love you!!!!!!!
Nichole & Chris